Recently named one of the top three pet-friendly hotels by readers of 10Best.com, a division of USA Today Travel, The Benjamin is set to introduce the next iteration of its superior pet program.
In late-October, the hotel will launch GOOD DOG by The Benjamin. Created in partnership with BarkBox, the New York-based monthly subscription pet treat curator, the new pet hotel experience features an assortment of welcome amenities, an in-room pet mini bar, around-the-clock access to an on-call veterinarian, new pet beds and more.
Upon arrival, GOOD DOGS will receive:
- A BarkBox, specific to the size of the dog, which includes four and six treats, toys and hygiene products that are hand-selected and veterinarian-approved.
- A welcome box including a BarkBox collapsible water bowl, paw wipes and a roll of plastic bags.
- An in-room pet mini bar with treats for purchase from Bocce’s Bakery and Bowser Beer.
- Mungo & Maud water bowl and sumptuous bed to use for the duration of the stay.
With health and wellness being of paramount importance, hotel guests will have access to a 24-hour veterinarian line to answer any and all pooch-related questions (Rufus just ate X, what should I do?). Pet owners simply need to call down to The Benjamin’s concierge team, anytime day or night, and they will be connected to a vet via phone without delay for a complimentary consultation.
GOOD DOG by The Benjamin Pet Policy
The Benjamin welcomes dogs of any size and weight. To ensure a tail-wagging experience, we ask that you kindly observe the following:
- Please notify us in advance—preferably at time of booking—when traveling with your pet.
- There is a $50 surcharge per stay, per pet for deep cleaning post-stay to ensure the room is allergen-free for the next guest.
- Pets must be kept on a leash or in a carrier in public areas.
- Pets must be supervised at all times.
- Use the food and water bowls provided for your pet; do not use hotel dishes or utensils.
- Do not bathe pets in the hotel bathrooms or use hotel linens for your pet.
- Use the sheet we provide to cover your pet’s sleeping area, the bed or any other furniture your pet may climb on
- Use the paw wipes provided for wet or muddy paws.
- Try not to leave your pet unattended in your room for long periods, and pets should never be left overnight.
- The hotel reserves the right to decline servicing a room with an unsupervised pet; such service can be requested while you are present.
- Should your pet inadvertently cause any damage, you will be charged a minimum of $250 for cleaning or repairs.
When planning to stay at The Benjamin with your pet, please inform the reservation agent or contact the concierge. We also ask for you to complete the pet policy agreement/waiver at check-in.