The Benjamin Experience
ABOUT THE HOTEL
Situated at the crossroads of culture and commerce, The Benjamin's Midtown East location makes for easy access to New York City’s top attractions--including Fifth Avenue restaurants and shops, Grand Central Terminal, MoMA, Saks Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Bloomingdale's, among others (see our New York attractions map.) It also offers close proximity to several Fortune 500 company headquarters, making it an ideal place to hold meetings and corporate.
Originally established in 1927 as the Beverly hotel, this Neo-Romanesque edifice is considered to be one of the most recognized works by famed architect Emery Roth. The edifice so inspired artist Georgia O’Keeffe, she painted it as the subject of her piece “New York—Night.” In November 1997, Denihan Hospitality Group purchased the hotel. It was named The Benjamin in honor of the family-owned company’s founder, Benjamin Denihan, Sr., an entrepreneur with a deep commitment to personalized customer care. Still today, the hotel offers the personal attention of an elite NYC social club.
During a three-year, top-to-bottom overhaul totaling $10 million, The Benjamin was fully redesigned by Lauren Rottet of the international architecture and design firm Rottet Studio. It now boasts a distinctly residential feel with up-to-the-minute artistic elements throughout, inspiring guests to consider it more personal pied-à-terre than hotel.
The Benjamin has recently been awarded the honor of historical landmark status. Recognized as one of the premiere hotels built in the 1920's, The Benjamin represents the early evolution of skyscraper design in New York City. The hotel's special character and special historical aesthetic has contributed to its value as part of the development, heritage and cultural characteristics of New York City.
- Check in: 3pm, Check out: 12pm
- Minimum check-in age is 18 years old.
- Government-issued ID and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Smoke Free Environment
HOTEL SERVICES & AMENITIES
- On-site and in-room dining provided by Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms
- Signature Rest & Renew program by Sleep Medicine Expert Dr. Rebecca Robbins
- On Demand Meditation in partnership with The Path on all in-room phones
- Pet-friendly goodDOG Program
- 24-hour gym, business center and front desk
- 24/7 Spa Services by Federico Hair & Spa
- Kid-friendly Winks’ Kidzzz Club Program
- Concierge Services
- Curbside valet parking is available for a fee
- On-site meeting & event spaces
- All rooms feature our signature Benjamin Bed
- Accessible rooms available
- All rooms feature a kitchenette and desk
- Stunning views of the Manhattan Skyline from select terrace rooms
New York’s top attractions are within walking distance. Public transportation is nearby and hotel is accessible to and from all airports. Close to Grand Central the 6 train.
- Grand Central Terminal
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Museum of Natural History
- Museum of Modern Art
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- The Cloisters
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- The Frick Collection
- Empire State Building
- Radio City Music Hall
- Rockefeller Center
- The Paley Center for Media
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck