Frequently Asked Questions
Denihan Hospitality Group takes our corporate responsibility seriously. That’s one reason we are pleased to be a part of the « Hospitality for Hope » and « Safe Stay » initiatives recently launched by the national hotel industry to provide hope and enhanced cleaning hotel practices and workplace protocols to meet the challenges presented by COVID-19. Learn more.
At The Benjamin, we want to make your stay as seamless as possible. Let us help answer any questions you might have before, during or after you stay with these Frequently Asked Questions:
COVID – 19
With over fifty years in the New York Hospitality industry, Denihan Hospitality is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of every guest and associate and we have always maintained the most rigorous cleaning standards across all properties. With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are in constant communication with American Hotel Lodging Association (AHLA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and are following their strict guidance regarding this matter.
Specific steps our hotels are taking include:
- Public Space sanitization teams in lobby to disinfect all touch points on a regular basis.
- Focus on increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the front desk check-in, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- As a precaution, we have closed meeting rooms, fitness centers and other publicly shared amenity space currently not accessible to guests or employees until sanitation protocols are established.
- Associates utilizing EPA registered antimicrobial products for cleaning all touchpoints/surfaces.
- Antimicrobial soap accessible in all public restrooms.
- Sanitizing stations installed on each floor of properties and in public spaces.
- Protection screens are installed at Front Desk computer stations with space allocated for transfer of documents, keys, etc.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation measures for all frequently used equipment.
- Social distancing guidelines posted in each hotel lobby/elevator/back of house areas.
- Full health and safety training sessions provided to staff by GCG Risk Management (http://www.gcgriskmanagement.com/).
- PPE including masks and gloves provided to all associates and they are required to wear them.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. For the most updated information, please refer to the American Hotel Lodging Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Check-in time is 3PM, check-out is at 12PM.
Hotel cancellation policies vary based upon rate – contact us for more information.
Yes – we want our guests to stay connected. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby and Private Guest Lounge, and access to in-room Wi-Fi is included as part of the Hotel Facilities Fee.
Chef Geoffrey Zakarian brings incredible dining to The Benjamin with his signature restaurant The National. It’s considered a modernized French bistro, noted as one of The New York Times’ 50 favorite New York restaurants. Zakarian’s cuisine is fresh and accessible, concentrating on American ingredients prepared with French technique. The National is located in the lobby of The Benjamin, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch.
Room service is available for delivery through The National from 6AM to midnight.
The Benjamin is a smoke-free environment. Smoking in your room will result in a $250 cleaning fee.
Yes — located on the 2nd floor, our intimate 24-hour lounge is a quiet, residentially-inspired space to meet with friends or clients. It also offers individual workstations with computers and printers should you need them during your stay.
Our 24-hour fitness center is located on the 3rd floor of our Midtown East boutique hotel. Through our partnership with Technogym, the Italian equipment designer and official Olympics supplier, we provide treadmills, elliptical trainers, stair climbers, exercise bikes, yoga mats and free weights for guest use. Hand towels, water and earphones are also provided, and the men’s and women’s locker rooms each offer a steam room and shower area.
The Benjamin has also partnered with SIN Workouts to offer guests a luxury fitness experience tailored to their individual goals, workout routines, and interests while traveling.
Named one of the top three pet-friendly hotels by readers of 10Best.com (a division of USA Today Travel), The Benjamin offers a superior pet program, goodDOG by The Benjamin. Designed to treat dogs with the same service that their masters receive, the program features an assortment of welcome amenities, an in-room pet mini bar, pet beds, and more. It also includes a $10 donation to our charity partner, Animal League.
Is there a limit to how long I can stay at The Benjamin?
Not at all – The Benjamin welcomes guests to stay for as long as they like.
Our Hotel Facilities Fee is $39 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities:
- Wireless Internet on all your devices throughout your stay
- 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness center outfitted by Technogym
- In-room artisanal coffee and tea offerings
- Unlimited business services including printing
- Unlimited local and domestic long-distance calls
- Guaranteed late check-out of 2 PM
- Access to our Les Clef D’Or Concierge services
*Must be redeemed daily. Cannot roll over
*Hotel Facilities Fee is exclusive of service gratuities
The Benjamin offers a wide variety of seasonal and hotel-based promotions and special offers, which are updated regularly — visit the Special Offers page to learn more.
The Winks’ Kidzzz Club is a complimentary children’s program created to educate our youngest guests on the importance of sleep. The Benjamin provides children age two to 10 with a child-sized pillow and bathrobe, a library of family bedtime books, and an official Winks’ Kidzzz Club Sleep Certificate awarded at check-out. Winks the Owl dolls are available for purchase.
From a top ten pillow selection categorized by sleep position to bedtime snacks under 200 calories from Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National, our Rest & Renew Menu presents our best sleep solutions curated by The Benjamin’s Sleep Consultant Dr. Rebecca Robbins. There menu is on the bedside table of each room and suite.
Sanatio Spa brings Japanese well-being spa therapy at The Benjamin with professional and friendly masseuses. Unwind with a Japanese Massage; choose from a traditional shiatsu, reflexology or a lymphatic massage at the salon or in the comfort of your room accommodation.
Daily 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Valet Parking is $65 per 24-hour period for cars, $70 for SUVs and minivans. In-and-out privileges are not included.