Situated at the crossroads of culture and commerce, The Benjamin’s Midtown East location makes for easy access to New York City’s top attractions–including Fifth Avenue restaurants and shops, Grand Central Terminal, MoMA, Saks Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Bloomingdale’s, among others (see our New York attractions map.) It also offers close proximity to several Fortune 500 company headquarters, making it an ideal place to hold meetings and corporate events.
NYC Taxi etiquette: Taxis are available when only the middle light is illuminated. Simply hold out your arm to flag down a taxi, and they should promptly pull over. Taxi drivers should be tipped between 15 – 20% of the fare total. Town Car Service Contact The Benjamin concierge at 212-715-2539 to arrange car service. Most car services will accept credit cards if arranged in advance. Expect to pay cash for fare.
Airports LaGuardia Airport (LGA), approximately 25-30 minutes by taxi or town car service.
- Yellow taxi provides metered fare (approximately $24-28) plus tolls & 20% tip. All taxis are required to accept credit cards.
- John F. Kennedy (JFK), approximately 30-45 minutes by taxi or town car service.
- By taxi – Yellow taxi rate is $45 plus tolls & 20% tip. All taxis are required to accept credit cards.
- By train – AirTrain service is available for $5 from JFK to Jamaica Station with access to the Long Island Railroad (LIRR).
- Direct trains from LIRR to Penn Station are approximately $12 (20 minutes). Visit MTA LIRR for schedules and fares.
- Yellow taxi service is available from Penn to The Benjamin. Inform your driver you are going to Midtown Manhattan, the corner of 50th Street and Lexington at The Benjamin hotel.
Newark Liberty International (EWR), approximately 50 – 60 minutes by car or town car service.
- By taxi – A New Jersey taxi dispatcher will provide a slip of paper with a flat rate ranging from $30 to $38 (toll and tip extra), based on your destination.
- New York yellow cabs aren’t permitted to pick up passengers at Newark. Taxi fare is approximately $70 – $75 total, including tolls and tip.
- By train – AirTrain service is available from EWR to NJ Transit rail service for $5.
- NJ Transit service is available everyday between 5:01 a.m. – 1:50 a.m. (closed between 2 – 5 a.m.). Fare is $12.50 for a one-way ticket on the Northeast Corridor or North Jersey Coast Line service to New York Penn Station (approx. 25 minutes). Visit NJ Transit for schedules and fares.
125 East 50th Street
NY, NY 10022